Sunday, July 12, 2015

THE NEW PRICE GUIDE IS HERE! THE NEW PRICE GUIDE IS HERE!


I'm jumping up and down with joy in the man cave this morning, just like Navin R. Johnson in THE JERK, over what arrived in my mailbox yesterday. It's the new 2015-2016 edition (#45 for those of you keeping track)  of THE OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE. Judy pre-ordered this one for me back in the spring (isn't she a great wife?) and I've been waiting for San Diego Comic Con weekend for the release of this new, mammoth volume. Used to be, the OPG came out in the spring but the release date moved back several years ago to coincide with Comic Con, which makes perfect sense.

For several years now, the OPG has sported different covers on each edition. I picked the one shown above in a heartbeat. It features one of my favorite comic book/action figure heroes drawn by Paul Gulacy, one of my favorite comic book artists. I love the James Bond movie poster feel of this work.

I make good use of each annual edition of the OPG. There are great articles to be read, comprehensive market reports, full color images of classic comic book covers and of course, pages of price guide info. The OPG is an essential, must have item for every comic book collector.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment